The Junior Graphic Designer (Part Time) Application is now closed. Thanks to all who applied! We’ll be in touch shortly.
Ligature Creative is hiring a Junior Graphic Designer (Part Time)
No recruiters, please. 🙂
About Ligature Creative
Ligature Creative is a remote, boutique design studio with employees across the Colorado Front Range, in Dayton, Ohio, and Kansas City, Missouri. We’re a queer-owned small business intent on making an impact in our cultural communities. From coast to coast, our client list of arts & culture institutions ranges from large, Tony Award-winning regional theatres to local community orchestras. We build brands, websites, and marketing assets for civic arts centers, opera & dance companies, galleries & museums, and film & tv.
You will work closely with our design team to create visually compelling and effective designs across various media. This junior position is an excellent opportunity for entry-level graphic designers to enhance their skills, gain real-world experience, and build a strong portfolio. We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity in our workforce.
- Collaborate with the creative team to understand project requirements and objectives.
- Attend internal team meetings.
- Attend external client-facing presentations.
- Assist with creative concepting and production design on various print & digital projects, including but not limited to:
- Print materials, such as brochures, flyers, and posters.
- Digital assets such as banners, social media graphics.
- Website/user interface design.
- Branding elements, including logos, typography, and visual identity systems.
- Implement design feedback and make necessary revisions to designs.
- Support the design team in various creative projects as needed. Specifically internal design projects, such as Ligature’s social media and website.
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions and offer creative input.
- Communicate with vendors i.e. printers, software companies, etc.
- Study or prior experience in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or a related field.
- Proficient in graphic design software: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Figma.
- Strong understanding of design principles, typography, and color theory.
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to deliver high-quality work within deadlines.
- Excellent communication to collaborate effectively with team members.
- Work well in a team environment, but also independently.
- A passion for design and a willingness to learn and adapt to new trends and technologies.
- Seeking to grow your skillset in a spirited boutique design studio alongside industry professionals.
- Understand pre-press setup for print projects or are willing to learn.
- Take art direction and client feedback well.
- Present professionally and clearly communicate design concepts.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 or can provide a qualifying exemption.
- Based in Colorado, Missouri, or Ohio
Preferred, but not required:
- Based in Fort Collins, Metro Denver, or Littleton, Colorado; or Metro Dayton, Ohio
- Have a personal arts or nonprofit background
- Motion graphics animation skills
- Traditional and/or digital marketing skills
- Familiarity with WordPress
Work Hours & Benefits:
- Compensation: $24/hour (average 20 hours per week)
- Employer-sponsored IRA option and employer match
- Paid time off
- Remote workplace (with in-person time optional, depending on location)
- Optional in-person office space (if Dayton, Ohio-based)
- Home office stipend (if not Dayton, Ohio-based)
- Flexible schedule (full team availability between 11:30a–5:30p ET)
- Team social interaction
- Free event tickets (theatre, concerts, etc.)
- Monthly entertainment allowance
- Health & wellness bonus
- Workshop and education opportunities
- Colorado Business Committee for the Arts (CBCA) membership perks (if Colorado based)
- Jerk-free environment
- Submit your portfolio, résumé, and cover letter, which includes your favorite font, to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 11, 2023.
- Wash your hands and FaceTime someone you love
No recruiters, please. 🙂